My name is Paige Hamilton, and I’m the writer behind Paige’s Pencil.
A few random facts about me:
- I’m Jon’s wife. We were married on the very last day of 2010.
- I’m Joel, Nathan and Julia’s mom; Maddie and Megan’s stepmom; and former foster mom to seven children (ages 7 months to 4 years old).
- I always thought I would adopt a child. So far, that hasn’t happened. Hopefully one day. My heart is certainly ready.
- Thirteen years ago, I got a passport. I’ve never once used it. Maybe 2020 will be the year.
- I love reading, crafting, and coffee. I hate canned peaches.
- The best decision I ever made was to follow Jesus Christ. In the end, it’s the only thing about me that really, truly matters.
My first blog, “Tales from the Laundry Room”, was mostly about my adventures as a mom (homeschool mom, stay-at-home mom, foster mom, step mom, Christian mom, etc). The only thing I loved more than sharing those stories was actually being a mom to a bunch of amazing teens, tweens, and toddlers!
In fact, as far as I’m concerned, there is only one bad thing about parenting: Kids grow up! As much as I prayed it would not happen to my kids, I must tell you that it did … and it happened much quicker than I anticipated too! Now all those teens and tweens have turned into young adults who are making their way out into the world. And all those foster toddlers went back to their biological families. Sometimes there is sadness in success.
One summer morning, I woke up to the shocking realization that I didn’t have any parenting stories to share … and even if I did, I would probably be sworn to secrecy. (Apparently, young adults don’t like their parents sharing “cute” stories about them in public places.) Suddenly, “Tales from the Laundry Room” didn’t seem to fit my life anymore.
Yet, writers always write. The writer in me just needed to find a new place that fit me. I had outgrown my old self and the laundry room. It’s definitely time for a new blog with a new name to reflect all those changes!
Welcome to Paige’s Pencil, my new blogging home! This is the place where I’ll share all my stories, essays, musings on life, and whatever other ramblings should come to my mind. Paige’s Pencil also reflects my decision to finally be what I have always wanted to be: a “real” writer. After spending the last ten years as a stay-at-home mom, I’m now a work-at-home freelance writer. If you need any type of writing assistance, be sure to check out the WORK WITH PAIGE section of this blog.
Thanks for stopping Paige’s Pencil! I hope you’ll enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing.